Tips for choosing the right security provider
To help you assess the credentials of a security provider, here are nine things to consider:
1. Check the provider holds a current/valid security business license - Individuals and businesses providing security services in Australia are required to hold a security license. Applicants for a security license are subject to rigorous background checks which include fingerprinting to confirm their identity and a national criminal history check.
2. Adequate/current insurance cover – view documents and ensure they are current and provide coverage suitable to your requirements.
3. References – request and check references to obtain a valuable insight as to the reliability and performance of the security firm. ASIC and business search tools to check trading history can be very helpful.
4. Training – review the security firm’s training regime and request supporting documentation to support their assertions.
5. Equipment – ensure equipment to be provided by the security firm is fit for purpose and meets all work health and safety requirements.
6. Written contract – defining the rights and responsibilities of client and security provider should be detailed and written, including dispute resolution processes, contract review, extensions, and termination.
7. Management – experienced management personnel with specialist expertise in the security industry will ensure effective delivery and well trained and supervised staff.
8. Technician qualifications – you should request evidence that only appropriately licensed and trained personnel work on site. Licensing requirements vary from state to state.
9. ASIAL Membership – the ASIAL Member logo is a security provider’s mark of distinction. To become a member, a security company, whether large or small, has to meet the highest standards of quality and service.
Established in 1969, ASIAL is Australia's peak national security industry body, representing approximately 85 percent of the security industry in Australia.
If you would like to discuss your security needs, call us on 1300 858 237 or email email@example.com.